Friday, February 24, 2012

It Wasn't My Idea

Howdy friends!!  Happy Friday to you!

I've had a project in mind on the backburner for quite sometime and finally took the plunge!  First let me say that I am addicted to a few things - 1) PINTEREST 2) Fabric pieces from the clearance section 3)Burlap and Canvas specifically - see #2.  More on this in a moment.

I found a brand new lampshade (still in the package) that originally came from World Market, but found at GoodWill for $3.00!  I was so super lucky that there were 2 of them, so I snatched them up knowing what I wanted to do.  Sometime in the past year I've collected several bundles of burlap for cheap - like a yard or more for around $2.00 each.  So, I can now say that I've made a custom, designer inspired lampshade for CHEAP!  Another addiction of mine...

Okie dokie - back to my number 1 addiction - Pinterest.  Oh.My.Goodness!  I found several pictures of burlap lampshades and knew I could do it too!  Here are a couple of examples:





There are a few more I think I might try as well just to quickly update my shades for as little moolah as possible!  The second one I'm going to try very soon.


Just in case you aren't entirely bored yet - I wanted to share my version of the burlap lampshade.  Take a looksy:



LOVE!!!  Burlap, scissors, and hot glue - THAT.IS.ALL!   Two things I learned - 1) I would have made longer strips to give more bulk 2) I would have put them closer together!  Oh well, still love how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by today! 





No comments:

Post a Comment