Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring Wreath - St. Patty's Version

Howdy friends!!  WOW!  It is a beautiful day outside today!  I took a basic photography class this past Friday and have been practicing with my camera ON MANUAL MODE!  Yikes!  I was so excited to get to practice on my front door wreath that I finished a few days ago.


Now - the thing about this wreath is that I made a Spring wreath that I can easily change for the various holidays we have in Springtime.  I used various scraps of fabric in Spring colors that I had in my scrap pile to make ruffled flowers.  To make ruffled flowers, cut strips of fabric in whatever width and length you choose - I chose 2" wide by 24" long.  Then sew right up the middle of the strip, not backstitching, and pull the string to ruffle the fabric.  Finally, start rolling it into a flower, using tacky glue every so often to tack it down.

 To make it a St. Patrick's Day wreath, I made a quick banner by cutting triangles, then embossed and added alphabet stickers.  I punched holes in the corners and added twine to hang onto the wreath.  Next time it will be ready for a quick update for Easter!

The best thing about this wreath is it was FREE!  Not one additional penny was spent on it - using what I have is how I roll (or at least trying to!!).

I am linking this to the following sites:

Beneath My Heart DIY Best of February Linky Party
Lovely Crafty Home Lovely Crafty Weekend #62

No comments:

Post a Comment