Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm Still Here....

Howdy friends! Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  We had a wonderful day starting with Church and then had our families over for Easter lunch, so it was great to see everyone together.

 I'm still here - just been super busy (but I brought that on myself!).  I cannot believe where April has gone!  Just thought I'd pop in to show you a few things I've been up to lately:

Let's start with our garden.  We've planted strawberries, zucchini, cucumbers, okra, several types of tomatoes, carrots, onions, banana peppers, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, and various herbs.  So we've been busy tending this stuff:



We've also been helping with our son's Eagle Project this month.  He renovated the exterior of an old house on our Church property that is used by the Church.  Here is a picture of that project - yikes!!



Thankfully, he had lots of help and it was completed in 2 long weekends!  Great job buddy!  I'll try to post an after picture later - gotta find it!

Then, I've taken up a new hobby - cookie/cake/cupcake decorating.  I've been playing around with that and it is fun!  Here are my first attempt at decorating cookies with royal icing.


I made some Easter cookies too, but forgot to take pictures!  They turned out really cute too.  But, I did manage to make some yummy cupcakes with cookies - inspired by this post at Bake at 350.  Here is my creation with some help from my daughter.


Pretty yummy looking, right?


And, I cannot leave out house decor.  I saw this loverly wreath and H.A.D to make one myself!!  Let me tell you, it is a super easy project - but definitely time consuming and oh so worth it!!!


OK - so now that I've bored you with all the details of my past few weeks, I'll leave you alone - for now.  I've gotta get busy on decorations for my Sis-in-law's baby shower coming up in a few weeks!  Have a great Monday ya'll!!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment