Thursday, July 21, 2011

Howdy all - several cards to share today!!

Wow - where is the summer going?  One minute I'm lounging in the pool, the next minute we are running around doing fun stuff, and now I'm seeing school supplies out - WHAT??!  Believe it or not, I'm not ready for the kids to go back to school and I certainly don't think they are either!

So, I've been out of the swing of all things crafty for the past 3 weeks due to vacation and having family in town.  I finally made it up here and was stuck on what to work on.  I perused some of my usual haunting spots and found a couple of challenges to get my creative juices flowing.  So, without further ado - here is what I've been doing!! 

First up - Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge: Dry Brushing Technique

I decided to do another Christmas card as I'm way behind on my goal of doing 5 per month!  I'm about 15 cards behind now - well make that 14 now that this one is completed!



Next up - Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday: I Scream For Ice Cream!

Create a project using a cool treat - of course, you must use a Cricut cut on the project.  I needed to make a birthday card and this is what I came up with:

Thanks for coming by today!  Have a creative day!!

Jennifer

Supplies:
Merry Christmas card (all supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted otherwise)
Cardstock (Vintage Cream, New Leaf, Spring Moss)
Ink (Spring Moss), (Chestnut - ColorBox), (Embossing Pad - Top Boss)
Embossing Powder (Clear - American Crafts)
Stamps (Vintage Ornaments)
Paint (Funky Vintage Lipstick - Making Memories)
Twine and Ribbon from my stash
Adhesive (ATG - Scotch)

Best Wishes Card
Cardstock (White, Blue, Pink - The Paper Studio)
Patterned Paper ( Mod Retro Stack - DCWV, Lost and Found - My Mind's Eye)
Vellum - The Paper Studio
Die Cut (From My Kitchen - Provocraft, Just the Ticket - Papertrey Ink)
Stamps (Just the Ticket, Cupcake Collection - Papertrey Ink)
Ink (Chestnut - ColorBox)
Stickles (Diamond - Ranger)
Gem - The Paper Studio
Adhesive (ATG - Scotch, Dimensional Foam Squares - The Paper Studio)

7 comments:

  1. Very cute cards Jennifer! The dry brush technique is really neat, I like how it turned out. And your sundae card is great! I love the retro look the paper gives it. I like how you used a gem for the cherry, and the Stickles for the whipped cream part. Thanks for playing with us over at FCCB! Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Yummy looking sundae! Love the papers and all your details. Your Christmas card is very pretty, too! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB.
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your milkshake card -- especially the glitter whipped cream and gemstone cherry! The blue background paper is perfect for a diner feel. :) Thanks for playing with us at FCCB this week!

    Jessica
    Fantabulous Cricut DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer,

    I saw you card on fantabulous cricut. I was trying to figure out how we made the same cricut cut and yours turned out looking so good and mine looks like it was done by a 4th grader...sigh...I have only been making cards for a few months, before that I mostly did scrapbook layouts, I hope I can look at other people's work and improve. I am your new follower! chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer, I'm so glad you join us this week at FCCB, what a yummy yummy ice cream cone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete