Friday, October 8, 2010

Let the Baking Begin!!!

Howdy and Happy Friday friends!!  It is another beauty of a day here in Texas and tonight is Homecoming for my son's high school!  Can't wait to get out to the stadium and enjoy the evening!

I have been working on a challenge this week from Fantabulous Cricut and I am ready to post it.  The challenge is to create something having to do with baking.  I LOVE to bake!  I've been thinking of doing a cookie recipe book to give to my sisters-in-law (I have 3!!) for Christmas and this challenge came along at the perfect time.  The idea kind of started a few months ago when I attended a class that showed us how to make the 'bones' of this book.  The neat thing about the class was that it was intended to give you several options - a book, banner, calendar etc.  I took that same idea and made my own cookie recipe book with some of our family favorites we enjoy at Christmastime! 


Supplies:
Cereal boxes for chipboard (love that recycling!)
Variety of papers from my stash!!!
Fiskars Punch
Stapler
Brown Ink - Stampabilites
Twine - Hobby Lobby
ATG Gun
From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridge
Jewels - Tulip
German Glass Glitter

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic recipe book!! How ambitious of you to make three. What a wonderful gift they'll make for your sisters-in-law! And how amazing that you've made them from cereal boxes!! Fabulous work!!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is wonderful. I love the from my kitchen cartridge and don't use it often enough. You are quite the inspiration. FANTASTIC WORK! Thanks for joining us a Fantabulous Cricut for our baking challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really Fantabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute, love all the inking !!! Thanks for showing your fantabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great work. i am so impressed with the time and detail you put into this project!

    ReplyDelete