Friday, October 8, 2010

Let the Baking Begin!!!

Howdy and Happy Friday friends!!  It is another beauty of a day here in Texas and tonight is Homecoming for my son's high school!  Can't wait to get out to the stadium and enjoy the evening!

I have been working on a challenge this week from Fantabulous Cricut and I am ready to post it.  The challenge is to create something having to do with baking.  I LOVE to bake!  I've been thinking of doing a cookie recipe book to give to my sisters-in-law (I have 3!!) for Christmas and this challenge came along at the perfect time.  The idea kind of started a few months ago when I attended a class that showed us how to make the 'bones' of this book.  The neat thing about the class was that it was intended to give you several options - a book, banner, calendar etc.  I took that same idea and made my own cookie recipe book with some of our family favorites we enjoy at Christmastime! 


Supplies:
Cereal boxes for chipboard (love that recycling!)
Variety of papers from my stash!!!
Fiskars Punch
Stapler
Brown Ink - Stampabilites
Twine - Hobby Lobby
ATG Gun
From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridge
Jewels - Tulip
German Glass Glitter

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic recipe book!! How ambitious of you to make three. What a wonderful gift they'll make for your sisters-in-law! And how amazing that you've made them from cereal boxes!! Fabulous work!!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is wonderful. I love the from my kitchen cartridge and don't use it often enough. You are quite the inspiration. FANTASTIC WORK! Thanks for joining us a Fantabulous Cricut for our baking challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute, love all the inking !!! Thanks for showing your fantabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great work. i am so impressed with the time and detail you put into this project!

    ReplyDelete