Thursday, October 21, 2010

Music is Joy

Howdy friends!  It is almost Friday!!!  I have a busy weekend coming up with band, campout, Fright Fest at Six Flags, and church.  It has been a busy month all around and I'm ready to slow down a bit!  In the midst of all of the running around, I was able to make a fun project to share!

I wanted to create this project for the Challenge Me Monday at Fantabulous Cricut this week and I knew who I was going to create this for - this is for our sweet music director at our church, which is why you will see all of the musical references in the project.  Now - the challenge is to create something with at least one leaf and as always it must have a Cricut cut in it.  Without further ado......



DISCLAIMER: I must say that I this is not my original idea.  I learned about this project from my local Crafting Studio -The Little Blue House.  This place is adorable and they have the most exciting projects and techniques to learn.  One very creative, sweet gal named Lolly designed the tree cutout and made it in Sure-Cuts-Alot, then the owner, Miss Tracy - also so sweet and generous - taught us how to make the canvas.  Now, my original canvas is all fall colors and has the words "Autumn Blessings" on it.  I love it so much!  I really wanted to make more for friends - so they were very happy to cut out a few more trees for me to purchase and take home to get creative!  Guess what - you can purchase the trees also!! (click here to find out how you can purchase them too!!)


 The project you see is what I came up with on my own.

Thanks for stopping by!  I am currently finishing up another canvas, so stop by in the next couple of days to see it too!!

Supplies:
Canvas
Burnt Umber paint - Americana
Paper - DCWV, Creative Imaginations, Sassafrass Lass, scraps from my stash
Tree cutout - Little Blue House (click here to find out how you can purchase them too!!)
Crystal Bling - Tulip
Black Soot Distress Ink - Tim Holtz
Twine - Hobby Lobby
"JOY" - Wild Card Cricut Cartridge

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! So cute! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! love the tree
    scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, how sweet! Very beauiful! Great job. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I just love this! The font is just perfect and everything looks fantastic!
    Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete